Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Unusual New Year

Assalamualaikum w.b.t
Peace be upon you  :)

I am pretty sure everyone knows about what happened in Volgograd, 2 days before 2013 ends. Tragic, is what I can say. I always have this kind of thought, in which Volgograd is a safe country, far far away from any risk of bombings and blast. But it turned out to be not as what I think. 

Well true, nothing is impossible from Allah's side. 

Kun faya kun.
Bila Allah cakap jadi, maka jadilah. 

As a person with sense of humanity, I am deeply sad for what had happened. Dozens of innocent native were killed. I can clearly imagine the typical morning situation on the bomb-targeted trolleybus, as I always used that bus to go to the hospital. Every morning will be a hectic morning on the bus, where mum carries her little baby, where grandmother carries her heavy plastic bag full with vegetables, where children carries their schoolbag sleeping on their way to school. Those innocent people were killed. Their family hearts were broken into pieces and honestly mine were broken too.

It was really a terrifying incident. Volgograd, where I spent three quarter of my year since the past 5 years, had turned gloomy within a flash of light. It is where I struggled to repair my relationship with my Rabb, where I learnt about relationship with human, where I learnt to distinguish right from wrong and where I changed from daddy's dependent girl into an independent one. Hence, what happened in Volgograd had terribly scratched my heart too.

Due to the disaster, the Russia government had announced that the first 3 days of 2014 will be the days of mourning. Therefore, there will be no new year celebration. The air is sorrow. Streets are empty. People are melancholic. And here I am, sitting in front of my laptop, looking through out the window, still hoping for any sparkles of new year fireworks, while praying that tomorrow will be a peaceful one.

Hasbunallah wa ni'maal wakeel
Cukuplah Allah menjadi penolong kami, dan Dialah sebaik-baik pelindung. 

Happy 2014 everyone :)

Love,
cahayatermasyhur
0

0 comments:

Post a Comment